Wednesday, February 8, 2012

God, I Look to You

I woke up with this song on my heart this morning. It was exactly what I needed to help me through these past few crazy days. It is a fitting song for everyone, but I really felt like it happened to be exactly the prayer I needed for myself and my children. I encourage all of my mommy friends to sing this in those hard times…sing it with your children! (Gideon really likes the “yeah, yeah” part.) :)

I repeat the verse over and over, until it really becomes my heart’s cry to God. Really take in each word as it talks about vision, and wisdom. A few of my prayers on these topics are:

We need vision to see our children how God sees them, and how to specifically pray for them.
We need vision to see each situation the way that God sees it.
We need wisdom to discern proper disciplinary actions when they get into trouble.
We need wisdom to know when/how to teach them, to love them, and to let them explore some independence. (There are SO many more things, but these are just a few.)

While we were singing this, my frustrations melted away, it calmed the children, and the Holy Spirit’s presence tangibly filled our home! And as I lifted my hand, Gideon imitated me, lifting his hand as well! It brings tears to my eyes every time. Our children need to experience God, and they need us to lead them!
Worshiping with my children is something I LOVE to do. Do you do this with your children? What are your thoughts/prayers on these topics? I would love to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment